As we are building the Pieneers platform and as Discovery of Problems & Innovations is one of its key features, this blog will help seed the Pieneers Discovery database before the launch. In this blog, I plan to post about various problems around the globe, that are needed to be solved and are worth solving!
OK now, What are Problems Worth Solving (#ProWoSo)? A little more detail about the problems that I might post:
* They could be from any domain/discipline, for example: farmer/farming, construction, urban living/commute, running a small business and medical IoT device etc etc, you get the idea.
* I will try to post as much detail as possible about the problem, will include the references that were used and the ones you can use to get started on working on it if it interests you.
* As I believe, problems are nothing but the opportunities! I will try to explain the details of opportunity that each problem presents. Unfortunately there is a craze in silicon valley to pursue next billion dollar opportunity and ignore the rest. We believe, if there is a customer need/demand, even though it is smaller than Billion dollar opportunity, it is worth addressing. You won’t be a billionaire but it could be a good lifestyle startup/business. With these posts, I hope to inspire folks to pursue market opportunities of all sizes and all domains.
* The scale/size of the problems could be from small to very big, for example: a nifty tool to track personal expenses TO solving global hunger. In other words some problems could be addressed by a student as part of the class/thesis project and some might need billions and a huge team! Will try to avoid the commonly known global, broad and generic challenges like global poverty, hunger etc. As these are well known.
* Based on my available bandwidth, I might research a possible solution and present my thoughts on it.
The core purpose of these posts is to not only seed the Pieneers Discovery database but also to get started with spreading the word on good problems that are out there and are in the need of solving. My hope is students or entrepreneurs, who are looking into problems to take on, instead of working on whatever is in fad, will come to the blog and get inspired to tackle them!
Initially, I will focus and post problems that can be solved or could be within the reach, using the current software/internet/mobile & hardware technologies. But at the same time, remember, it is possible to have a non-tech solution. If time permits and if I do come across social, political, racial etc problems, I will try post them as well.
I know the definition of what I believe is a Problems Worth Solving, will change over time…and depending up how far I can reach with this plan I will expand to other areas. Currently, on this blog they are categorized into broad buckets, like Work, Finance, Leisure etc. Hence the definition will see revisions in the future and I will post accordingly. Now, go tackle a #ProWoSo!